French teacher Mr Flatley has taken up his new role as Head of the Lower School (Years 7-9), which covers Key Stage 3 education at Bales College.
Mr Flatley has been teaching French for four years to A Level, GCSE and Key Stage 3, and brings his experience of working with Key Stage 3 to oversee the education of the lower school students.
Over the last few months, Mr Flatley has been overseeing some exciting new developments for Key Stage 3 work at Bales College.
For the Academic Year 2010/2011, the lower school teaching will be based around broad theme of “Who do we think we are?”, with specific themes for each term:
- Collaboration with All Sorts Drama for Bales Drama Club;
- Visits to Paddington Activity Centre (Kayaking, Tramploning, Teambuilding);
- Visit to Natural History Museum;
- 4 Day residential visit to Norfolk (Geography and History field trip);
- Visit and talk from Queens Park Rangers football club;
- Visits and talks from local business owners; and
- Visit and talk from Willesden Green Artist’s Club